Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goodbye, Caseys

Well, after a little more than 3 years, my time at Caseys has come to an end. I'm moving to Redfield to live with my girlfriend. Caseys is a convenience store with gasoline and a kitchen. We do a very brisk pizza pick up business. I am--was assistant manager. We've got about 15 people total working at the store, so we all know each other. You get kinda like family, ya know? Now....I'm done.

I'm SAD.

This was a job that I liked and excelled at. And I had so many friends, not just the coworkers, but the customers too. I'm gonna be lonely for a bit, I think. It's tuff to leave a job that you enjoy, especially when you love your coworkers and the customers you see so often.

Well, a little about the last shift, ok?

First of all, they threw me a party. I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect my area supervisor! I got gifts, and hugs, and cards, and a couple of girls were almost crying. Very touching.

My manager and my area supervisor took turns saying what I good job I'd done, and how they'd miss me, and if I ever wanted to come back, to just call. I knew I was good, but it's still nice to hear.

Then, all thru the night, customers were coming in just to wish me luck. More hugs, handshakes, and conversations that were way too brief because, even tho I was leaving, it was still Friday night, and the pizza orders were pouring in. But I made as much time as I could. I don't mind telling you, my eyes were rather wet at times, especially when some of the kids that are regulars in my store came in to give me a card and a hug, and tell me good bye. Kids are so sweet. It was totally worth all that money I spent helping them get thier candy when they were a little short.

The shift seemed to take forever, yet, time flew by, and before I knew it, we were locking up and walking out the door. A few last hugs, promises to keep in touch, then it's over. I can't believe I forgot to flip off the security camera.....

Mixed emotions here.

I know, I'll make new friends. And living with my girlfriend will bring a new level of joy, comfort and intimacy which can only enrich my life. It's not that I'm not looking forward with anticipation, I am, but at the same time I'm looking back with memories and love. (Wow, that's just WAY cheesy. But I worked on that phrase for a long time, and that's the best I can do.)

This post is already way to long.

So long, Caseys. It's been a lotta fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Hun its hard to leave anything that we love behind but as you quite rightly said moving in with your girlfriend can only bring more joy to your life. You are taking some more huge steps in your life but its all gonna be worth it.

Be safe good and happy

Hugs and love to you Russ